Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Posting for ZWT3.
- 2 cups small red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Peel potatoes and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, soak cranberries in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large flameproof casserole, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and apples. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, garlic, wine, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and dried cranberries. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.