Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a yummy way to use veggie burgers. This came From the Kitchens of...Morningstar Farms. I have tweeked it just a touch.
- 3 cups sweet onions, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (original recipe uses bottled garlic)
- 4 Morningstar Farms grillers, original burger
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted (or whole wheat bread)
- 1 1⁄3 cups baby arugula (or you can use spinach or lettuce)
- 1⁄4 cup gruyere cheese or 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions, covered, over medium-low heat for 16 to 20 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onions begin to brown and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise(if using) on one side of each bread slice. Place burgers on arugula. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon onion mixture over burgers. Top with arugula. Serve immediately.