This is a yummy way to use veggie burgers. This came From the Kitchens of...Morningstar Farms. I have tweeked it just a touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sweet onions, sliced
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (original recipe uses bottled garlic)
- 4 Morningstar Farms grillers, original burger
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise (optional)
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted (or whole wheat bread)
- 1 1/3 cups baby arugula (or you can use spinach or lettuce)
- 1/4 cup gruyere cheese or 1/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1In large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions, covered, over medium-low heat for 16 to 20 minutes or until onions are very tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and garlic. Cook over medium heat, covered, for 4 to 6 minutes or until onions begin to brown and mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- 2Meanwhile, cook veggie burgers according to package directions.
- 3Spread mustard and mayonnaise(if using) on one side of each bread slice. Place burgers on arugula. Sprinkle with cheese. Spoon onion mixture over burgers. Top with arugula. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Alpine Burgers(Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 87.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Morningstar Farms grillers