Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A quick and easy way to cook a roast while at work
- 4 lbs beef roast
- salt and pepper
- 10 3⁄4 ounces alphabet pasta and vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Flavor beef with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine undiluted soup with wine and basil.
- Pour soup over roast and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Place slice roast on a platter covered with aluminum foil.
- Put into a 200 degree oven to keep warm.
- Turn crock pot to high and thicken juices with cornstarch and water, about 15 minutes.
- Serve gravy over sliced roast.