Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tropical dinner salad for hot summer nights, a make ahead buffet dish assembled just before serving or a an elegant lunch served in melon halves. If you have never used chutney as an ingredient, you are in for a special treat.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked,diced and chilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chutney, chopped finely (I use Major Grey's)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded,peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, chutney, curry and ginger until well combined.
- Place chicken, celery and coconut in a large bowl, add sour cream mixture, toss to combine and chill until serving time.
- To serve, place salad greens on a platter or individual dinner plates, top with chicken and garnish with cantelope.
Aloha to you too Lorac!! And thank you for posting this delicious salad. Was expecting to find pineapple but the cantaloupe was great in this, so was the combination of the chutney and curry powder with the sour cream. Made one little change and that was that I mixed the coconut in just before serving to keep it crunchy!