3 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is based on a sugar cookie recipe that I found through Pinterest (http://sweetopia.net/2009/12/sugar-cookie-recipe/). I really like the flavor, and for all that does spread a little bit (note: the more you work the dough, the more it spreads), it is my new favorite sugar cookie recipe. I especially like making half batches--just enough for two cookie sheets worth! I made a few modifications and made a few changes to the directions. Prep time includes chill time and cook time is for 4 cookie sheets. (As a side note, I really like the three stages of the recipe--10 minutes to mix, then chill, --10 minutes to cut out, then chill, then bake. With the breaks, I find it easier to fit this recipe into an afternoon playing with my children) Added here are the measurements for a 3/4 size batch, as I have found it helpful: 3/4 cup butter 3/4 cup shortening 3/8 cup granulated sugar 1 1/8 cup brown sugar 1 1/2 egg 1 1/2 Tbs vanilla 3/16 tsp almond 4.5 cups flour
My Private Note
4 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1By hand, cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl.
- 2Add the first egg and mix well.
- 3Add the second egg with the vanilla and almond extracts and mix.
- 4Sift the flour into the bowl and mix until smooth--do not overmix.
- 5Split the dough into four pieces (two if making a half batch) and pat each section into a disk about 1 1/2 cm thick.
- 6Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 7Between the plastic wrap and some parchment paper, roll out the dough to 1 cm and cut out cookie shapes. Then mush together and re-roll scraps.
- 8Place cutouts on parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill again. (They will then hold their shape better when baked after chilling. I sometimes chill overnight and bake the next day.).
- 9Preheat your oven to 350°F or 176°C.
- 10Bake cookies for 8-15 minutes or until the edges are golden. (The baking time will depend on the size of your cookie. In my oven, 4 inch cookies take 15 minutes).
- 11Let cookies cool to room temperature and decorate!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almost Sweetopia Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Serving Size: 1 (1738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 62.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g