Sugar Cookie Cutouts - (Bisquick)
Recipe posted by request. From a Bisquick cookbook, "In the Kitchen With Kids" section. **Note refrigeration time for dough.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- decorator sugar, icing, if desired
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except Bisquick and decorator sugar/icing.
- Stir in Bisquick until soft dough forms; cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Roll out dough, about 1/4 at a time, on surface sprinkled with flour.
- (Keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll).
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie-cutters.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- If using, sprinkle with colored sugar/decorating sugars.
- Bake 5-7 minutes, until edges are light brown.
- Place on wire rack to cool.
- Ice if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I tried this because I had plenty of Bisquick. It was so easy and delicious. I separated the dough into fourths to refrigerate so it was easy to keep the dough chilling while I rolled them. The dough rolled perfectly. The cookies don't expand much so they keep their shape. I recommend removing them from the pan within 2 minutes of removing them from the oven or they stick to the pan.