Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had the gastric bypass surgery done almost a year ago. One day I wanted something sweet and I can not tolerate sugar very well. I became creative and after reading tons of recipes. I finally just came up with my own.My Family and freinds can not tell the difference. I hope you and your family and freinds enjoy this as much as we do.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I do not use fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (not fat free)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar-free syrup (made with splenda)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon liquid sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-Heat oven 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, sugar, Splenda and vanilla.
- Blend on high speed for about three minutes.
- Add flour,sour cream, Liquid sugar substitute and vermonts sugar free maple syrup.
- Blend for another three minutes.
- Add one large egg and blend well.
- Add the second large egg to just blended.
- Stir by hand the lemon juice (It should taste kind of lemony).
- Place mixture into graham cracker crust and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top starts browning.
- Shut oven off.
- Crack oven door and let stand for one hour.
- Refrigerate for at least three to four hours before serving for best results.
My husband (a borderline diabetic) thoroughly enjoyed this. He missed having a regular fix of cheesecake that he loves so well. I didn''t have splenda but used a regular artificial sweetner. I also didn''t have Vermont sugar-free syrup but used a regular sugar-free syrup and noticed is was made with splenda. I will definitely make this again for him.