Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
From local newspaper. SIMPLE and LOWFAT!
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened low-fat cream cheese (or fat-free)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 dash vanilla
- 1 dash sugar
- skim milk, to thin for dipping
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth.
- Add skim milk to thin for dipping.
As written, we thought it was pretty bland. It tasted like cream cheese with a little lemon in it. ;) I added 1 Tbls. of lemon juice, another tsp. of vanilla and 1/4 cup of sugar and *then* it tasted like cheesecake. Everyone loved it. Especially with the strawberries and fresh pineapple. I think it would also work to omit the lemon juice and zest and use some almond extract in it.