Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I made up this tonight when my husband and kids were clamoring for cookies and I only had a scant cup of flour in the house! These cookies are very tasty! Make sure you cook them long enough, though, cause they come out very thin and very chewy. Good for something different.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Mix the flour, oats, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the semisweet and white chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Make sure you don't put them too close together- they will spread out while cooking.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes until done.
- Cookies will be very thin and soft.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheet and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.