Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For pretty pastel coloured cupcakes, add in a few drop of desired food colouring my Kittencal's Bakery Buttercream Frosting/Icing goes wonderful with these cupcakes --- I use 2 cups icing sugar and 1/2 cup white granulated sugar instead of processing the sugar, it works out fine this way.
Top Review by PrincessPage
This is just a regular cake. Not moist. Not super flavorful. It was dry and a box mix would have tasted much better. I gave it two chances as cupcakes and neither worked for us.
- 177.44 ml butter, room temperature
- 59.14 ml Crisco shortening, room temperature
- 473.18 ml sugar, ground in the processor until fine (measure before processing)
- 4 large eggs
- 14.78 ml pure vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml almond extract or 0.59 ml lemon extract
- 1.23 ml salt
- 650.62 ml cake flour (or combined together) or 650.62 ml all-purpose flour (or combined together)
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml warm half-and-half cream (this is important, warm the milk!) or 236.59 ml full-fat milk (this is important, warm the milk!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees (will reduce oven temperature just before baking cupcakes).
- Line 24 muffin pans with paper cupcake liners.
- In an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs(one at a time) and the extracts and beat about 3-4 minutes on high speed (the mixture will seem to be a bit lumpy but will even out when you add in the sugar).
- Add in the sugar; beat well (another 3 minutes) until sugar is COMPLETELY combined.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Blend into the creamed ingredients, along with the warm milk until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Fill the prepared pans about two-thirds full.
- IMMEDIATELY, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place the cupcakes in oven, and bake for about 20-24 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.