Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love pie and baked goods. But, I'm trying to watch my calories. So, I came up with this to satisfy my sweet tooth and still feel like I'm indulging.
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (I used 2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon light margarine
- slice and core apple.
- combine flour, spices & sweetener in bowl.
- toss apple in dry mixture.
- pour in pan.
- drop margarine in dots on top.
- bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until apples are soft.
A nice idea! I subbed raisins for the Splenda [following how my Mom makes Apple pie]
I'm always thinking that I can do much, much better at eating healthier and sometimes I'm even inspired by the Nutrasystem commercials. Before too long I'll be working on cutting out the caffeine and soft drinks...naaaawwwwww.
Almost too good to be true! This was a great treat and very diabetic friendly. Thanks for sharing Concoctionista. Made for My3Chefs Nov '09.