Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Easy, showy recipe, pretty on a cookie platter. They taste like something from a fancy bakery. Adapted from the back of a label.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle work surface lightly with superfine sugar.
- Unfold pastry and roll out to 12" square.
- Break apart almond paste into little pieces and scatter evenly over half of the dough.
- Fold dough in half over almond paste. Roll out to 10 x 12".
- Add more sugar to work surface as needed to keep dough from sticking.
- Fold dough in half again and roll out again to 10" x 12".
- Cut in half to make 2 rectangles each 5" x 12".
- Using a pizza wheel, cut each rectangle into 12 strips, each 1" x 5".
- Twist each strip into a loose corkscrew and put on ungreased cookie sheets 1" apart.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In two small microwaveable bowls, separately melt the chocolates.
- Drizzle both chocolates over the cooled twists.