Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
These muffins are just delicious. One 12oz can of sweetened condensed milk will give you enough to double a batch (24 muffins). I brought these twice to work already and they are devoured. Enjoy!
Top Review by Ginger Rose
Moist & delicately flavoured, these muffins are delicious! I didn't have quite enough slivered almonds so used ground almonds instead of a 1/4 cup flour and it worked well. Thanks!
- 118.29 ml butter (stick not soft tub margarine) or 118.29 ml margarine, softened (stick not soft tub margarine)
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml sweetened condensed milk (from 14oz can)
- 78.07 ml heavy whipping cream
- 78.07 ml milk
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- 59.14 ml additional sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; grease 12 regular-size muffin cups with shortening or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Beat in almond extract and eggs. With wooden spoon, stir in flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup condensed milk, whipping cream. milk and 1/2 cup of the almonds just until combined. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (3/4 full) sprinkle 1/4 cup sliced almonds evenly over batter.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and drizzle each with 1 tsp of the additional condensed milk. Serve warm.