Can't remember where this recipe came from, but it is a family favorite and always made for Christmas cookie platters. These aren't overly sweet and are great with a cup of coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together flour and baking powder.
- 2Uaing an electric mixer, beat butter or margarine until smooth.
- 3Add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- 4Add egg and the 1/2 teaspoon almond extract; beat well.
- 5Stir in flour mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 6Divide the dough in fourths; roll each portion into a twelve inch roll.
- 7Place 2 rolls four to five inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8(To facilitate cutting, use cookie sheets without sides-- or the back of cookie sheets with sides.) Flatten each roll till it is about 3 inches wide.
- 9Repeat with remaining rolls.
- 10Brush each flattened roll with a little milk and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of the the sliced almonds.
- 11Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 12While still warm, cut crosswise at a diagonal into 1 inch strips.
- 13Cool completely.
- 14Stir together the powdered sugar, the 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and the milk to make a thin frosting.
- 15Drizzle frosting lightly back and forth over strips.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Strips
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 30.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g