Recipe by WaterMelon
This recipe is from "Low Fat Cooking", by Pamela Westland. I haven't tried this yet, due to my BULGING cookbook and I'm trying to cut back in desserts... anyway, if u try them, do let me know if u like it. Posted on request by love4culinary. Prep time is an estimation; seems like a really easy recipe.
Top Review by Annetty
I made these cookies for my DH who is a celiac (no wheat, oats, etc, etc) and followed to the letter, the only change was that I pressed whole almonds onto the top of the cookies. He was very impressed with the taste and wants me to make them again (soon!)
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour (available at specialty stores) or 2⁄3 cup rice flour (available at specialty stores)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 3 drops almond extract
- 12 split blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix the rice, ground almonds, and sugar.
- Thoroughly beat in the egg white, honey, and almond essence.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Place teaspoons of the mixture well apart on the paper, and press a split almond on top of each.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cookies are light golden brown.
- Leave them to cool slightly on the cookie sheet, then lift them off the waxed paper.
- When cool, store in an airtight tin.