1/1 Photo of Almond Peach Clafouti
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This French pudding is equally nice served at brunch or as dessert on your dinner table. However, it is imperative that you serve this warm. Adapted from Good Food Magazine, August 1987.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 lb firm ripe peach, peeled, pitted, sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup lightly sweetened whipped cream (for serving)
- 1Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the liqueur in mixing bowl.
- 2Add peaches and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Generously butter 9" round baking dish or glass pie plate.
- 5Toast almonds on baking sheet until light brown, 7-10 minutes. I.
- 6ncrease oven heat to 375 degrees.
- 7Process eggs, egg yolk, and remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar in food processor fitted with steel blade until blended.
- 8With machine running, add butter and flour through feed tube; process 30 seconds.
- 9Add milk, almond extract, 3 peach slices, and all the liquid from peaches; process until smooth, about 30 seconds longer.
- 10Pour enough batter into prepared dish to measure 1/4" deep.
- 11Bake just until set, 5-7 minutes.
- 12Arrange peaches over baked batter and sprinkle with almonds.
- 13Cover with remaining batter.
- 14Bake until puffed and top is browned, 35-45 minutes.
- 15Let cool slightly on wire rack.
- 16Sift confectioner's sugar over top and serve warm, topping each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Peach Clafouti
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 47.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lightly sweetened whipped cream