1/1 Photo of Almond-orange Tossed Salad
This is very nice for an Easter menu. Very pretty salad, with its slightly sweet homemade dressing and crispy sugar-toasted almonds. Great for potlucks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1In a small skillet over medium-low heat, cook sugar, without stirring, for 12-14 minutes or until melted.
- 2Add almonds; stir quickly to coat.
- 3Remove from the heat; pour onto waxed paper to cool.
- 4In a large serving bowl, combine the iceberg lettuce, romaine, oranges, avocado, celery, onions and almonds.
- 5In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well.
- 6Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
- 7Taste of Home.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-orange Tossed Salad
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 86.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g