Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a lovely dish that is kin to baklava. Give it a try.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded wheat (Kataifi dough, cooked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the almonds, sugar and spices. When well blended, blend the egg into the mixture.
- You can either mix in your baked kataifi and place in mini muffin tins and bake about 8-10 minutes at 350F.
- Or you can use the kataifi as a base and pour your mixture over the top and bake.