Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr
So glad I adopted this recipe. I finally tried it and my family all said yum!
Make and share this Almond Fudge Banana Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 DOLE® Banana, peeled (extra-ripe medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dole Almond, chopped, toasted & ground
- Mash bananas and set aside. Beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, liqueur and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Stir in almonds.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with bananas.
- Beat well.
- Pour batter into greased 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean and cake pulls away from side of pan.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over top and down side of cake. Make 16-20 servings.
Came out great for a chocolate Easter cake. I made an almond cream cheese frosting instead of a chocolate glaze to make it more Spring-like. Very moist and the banana is definately the strongest flavor coming from the cake. Will definately make again.
Yum! This cake was gone in no time. It was really light and moist.I used butter. I cut the sugar down to 1c and I also didn't make a glaze for it and it was delicious and sweet enough for us. My boyfriend went out and bought more bananas for me to make it again!
This was awesome! I made it for my Dad's birthday and he just loved it. Along with everyone else at the party. My only problem was it stuck in my bundt pan some, but I think that is my fault. I sprayed the pan really well... but didn't flour it... so might have to try that next time... and there will definitely be a next time!!! Thanks for a great recipe!