Recipe by CoolMonday
So glad I adopted this recipe. I finally tried it and my family all said yum!
Top Review by GinaCucina
Came out great for a chocolate Easter cake. I made an almond cream cheese frosting instead of a chocolate glaze to make it more Spring-like. Very moist and the banana is definately the strongest flavor coming from the cake. Will definately make again.
- 3 DOLE® Banana, peeled (extra-ripe medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Dole Almond, chopped, toasted & ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash bananas and set aside. Beat sugar and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, liqueur and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Stir in almonds.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with bananas.
- Beat well.
- Pour batter into greased 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean and cake pulls away from side of pan.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle glaze over top and down side of cake. Make 16-20 servings.