Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great side dish for a brunch or as a main dish.
- 2⁄3 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 2 (5 ounce) packages soft fresh goat cheese, each cut into 4 round slices
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 8 cups mesclun
- Blend first 7 ingredients in the food processor.
- With processor running, gradually add oil.
- Add poppy seeds and blend 5 seconds.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pat each goat cheese slice to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl to blend.
- Place flour in another bowl.
- Place almonds in shallow dish.
- Roll goat cheese slices in flour, then dip into egg mixture, then roll in almonds to coat, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place cheese in glass baking dish; drizzle lightly with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until almonds are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Divide mesclun among 4 plates.
- Top each with 2 warm cheese slices.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.