1/2 Photos of Almond Crescent Cookies
A Moroccan recipe from The Multicultural Cookbook for Students. This is also called Sesame Cornes de Gazelles. "Moroccan pastries are works of art. They have incorporated the flair of the French with the use of Middle East ingredients, such as honey, almonds, sesame seeds, and dried fruit." Notice how the flour starts with ONE CUP and then you might add more depending upon how sticky it is. The oven time seems a bit long to me. I have not made this but think it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put ground nuts, sugar, 1 cup flour, almond extract, egg, cinnamon, and butter in mixing bowl and mix well.
- 3KNEAD mixture into a dough (it will be slightly sticky).
- 4Pour seeds into pie pan.
- 5Pinch off walnut size pieces of dough (IF dough is too sticky or difficult to handle add the remaining flour).
- 6Roll dough pieces in seeds to coat, and then, between the palms of your hands, roll pieces into about 2 inch long cylindrical shapes, thicker in the middle, tapering at the ends.
- 7Place side by side onto lightly greased cookie sheet, curving slightly into crescents.
- 8Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. I would start checking after 15 minutes as 30 seems too long but that is what it says.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 60.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g