1/2 Photos of Almond Cinnamon Braid
Presented in the Simple & Delicious Mag from Dec '06 and submitted by N. Gunn. I've not had to change one thing. This is a recipe that uses refrigerated crescent rolls. Passive time includes up to 15 minutes baking and 10 minutes cooling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 1Line a 15x10x1" baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2Unroll crescent dough into prepared pan; seal seams and perforations.
- 3Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough.
- 4Combine the almonds, butter, extract and remaining sugar; spread lengthwise down the center of the dough.
- 5On each long side, cut 1-inch wide strips about 2.5 inches into center.
- 6Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling and then pinch ends to seal.
- 7Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes and remove to a wire rack.
- 9For icing: in a bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve a smooth consistency.
- 10Drizzle over braid and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Cinnamon Braid
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 115.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g