Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From R. Reisman
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Between sheets of waxed paper, pound breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Dust with flour. In shallow bowl, whisk together egg white and water. Combine almonds and bread crumbs and place on a plate.
- In nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Dip breasts in egg wash, then in crumb mixture. Cook for 3 minutes on one side; turn and cook for 2 minutes longer or until just done at center.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and tarragon; heat over low heat just until warm. Serve over chicken.
very good and simple to make. I stuffed the breasts with cream cheese for added moisture.
Delish! This was so simple and so delicious. The sauce was the perfect complement to the chicken. Thanks Redsie.
This is a truly outstanding recipe. It is quick to make and perfect for my dinner party the other night. Everyone loved it even the kids. I did double everything and used almond meal instead of finely chopped almonds in the recipe. Excellent!