1/2 Photos of Almond and Strawberry Bread
1 hr 15 mins
What better way to welcome spring than with this sweet strawberry bread! Yogurt makes this bread very moist and almond extract makes it sweetly delicious! Tint the icing pink if you wish, for a pretty, spring-y look.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped and patted dry
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 7-1/2 x 3-1/2 inch loaf pan (actually, any size works; adjust baking time accordingly).
- 3In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter; add egg and almond extract and beat until fluffy.
- 5Add flour and yogurt alternately to creamed mixture.
- 6Fold in almonds, then strawberries.
- 7Turn batter into prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees F or until toothpick or knife inserted all the way to bottom comes out clean.
- 8While bread is baking, combine the glaze ingredients.
- 9Let bread cool in pan.
- 10While bread is still warm, drizzle with almond glaze.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond and Strawberry Bread
Serving Size: 1 (714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1922.2
- Calories from Fat 761
- Total Fat 84.6 g
- Saturated Fat 35.9 g
- Cholesterol 351.5 mg
- Sodium 1677.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 260.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 150.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g