Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Real ice cream with basic ingredients. No fancy ice cream makers, just the freezer. Freeze time comes under cook time.
- 200 g caster sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 500 ml cream
- fruit puree (or other natural flavour to choice)
- Cream together the sugar and egg yolks until almost white.
- Add half of the cream and whisk together until combined, and then stir in the rest of the cream and your chosen flavour or puree.
- Pour into a container and freeze.
- After an hour- check, re-whisk and return to the freezer.
- Try frozen raspberries or strawberries blended into a puree or add a few drops of vanilla essence or even better--real vanilla pods.