I'm no longer sure of the source for this recipe...not that I followed the original anyway! I am boycotting corn syrup now and needed an energy bar that I could make at home! This recipe is easy and versatile...and everyone in my family will eat these bars! No butter and no sugar! But soooo good!
- 1 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2⁄3 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 2 2⁄3 cups regular rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup ground pecans (or wheat germ)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups nuts or 2 cups seeds or 2 cups coconut or 2 cups chopped dried fruit or 2 cups chocolate chips, etc
- Warm honey slightly in microwave and combine with peanut butter.
- Add oats, ground pecans, flour, and cinnamon.
- Stir in nuts, chips, dried fruit, etc.
- (My favorite combo is 1/2°C of dried fruit, 1/2°C of mini choc. chips, 1/2°C chopped almonds, 1/4°C sunflower seeds, and 1/4°C ground flax seeds).
- PRESS DOWN FIRMLY and evenly in sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Bake @ 350 for about 15 minutes - edges will begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and cut IMMEDIATELY into 20 bars.
- Allow to cool completely.
- I wrap bars individually for easy grabbing in the mornings!