Soft Chocolate & Banana Granola Bars
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup golden syrup or 1/2 cup mild honey
- 1⁄3 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup mixed seeds (e.g. pumpkin, hemp, sunflower)
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350oF, line an 8-inch square brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a large pot, melt the butter and syrup/honey together over a low heat, stirring often. Remove from the heat and stir in the banana, sugar and salt. Mix in the oats and seeds. Pour into the prepared tin and press to flatten out into an even layer filling the tin.
- Cover with the chocolate chips and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and slicing into 9-12 pieces. Let cool completely then store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
www.topwithcinnamon.com Food blogger & cookbook author ('The Savvy Cook' and 'Top with Cinnamon')