1/1 Photo of All-In-One Chili Dogs - Vegan
Kozmic Blues's Note:
We were craving chili dogs (no meat, of course) and had no buns. Here is what I came up with from what we had on hand. the spice measurements are not exact, I always add a bit more after I've added everthing to the pot. For the Pampered Chef Southwest seasoning, you can substitute a little more oregano with some garlic and onion powder. Also, if using cumin instead of the adobo seasoning, you might need to add some salt to taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon southwest seasoning (Pampered Chef)
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning or 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) package vegetarian hot dogs
- 1In your favorite chili sized pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and Southwest seasoning and saute about 3 minutes until translucent.
- 3Add chopped peppers (red, gree and jalapeno) and saute anothe 3-5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- 4Add dry spices and stir to coat.
- 5Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and green chillies.
- 6Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 7While chili simmers, slice the veggie dogs into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 8In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, lightly brown the veggie dogs, just to give them a little color. Do not overcook.
- 9Add the kidney beans and veggie dogs. Stir to combine.
- 10Simmer over low heat for another five minutes.
- 11Check the spices and adjust as needed.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-In-One Chili Dogs - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian hot dogs