Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sub sandwiches are awesome!
- 1 lb sub bread
- 1⁄2 lb shaved turkey
- 1⁄2 lb shaved ham
- 1⁄4 lb thin sliced salami
- 1⁄4 lb thin sliced white American cheese
- 1⁄4 lb thin sliced lorraine swiss cheese
- crisp lettuce leaf
- 2 tomatoes, in thin slices
- 1 yellow sweet onion, in thin slices
- honey mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Cut loaf of bread (french, Italian, or grain bread) in half, lengthwise.
- Spread one half with mayonnaise the other with mustard.
- Cover each bread half with lettuce.
- Layer meats, cheeses and top with veggies. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place top half on securing with party toothpicks.
- Cut into serving slices.
We call this a "whopper-jaw" sandwich. Piled high deliciousness. Perfect.
I like to try the different ways people make their subs. This was a pretty good one. The only thing I did different was to use cajun smoked turkey. Thanks Chef Sunshine. Bullwinkle.
Wow-Thanks is what my DH said when I was making his sandwich to bring to work this morning. Not a raw tomato man so I took them out after the photo-I do love tomatoes! Quite the he-man sandwich! Thank You Chef Sunshine-