Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great and simple chili recipe from McCormick. Not unusual but I couldn't find this on the site already. Easy to monitor your servings because the nutritionals are for a one cup serving.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons mccormick chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mccormick cumin, Ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick oregano leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- Cook ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain fat, if needed.
- Stir in spices and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped onion, if desired.
Added fresh veggies such as sliced zucchini, and fresh corn cut from the cob. It was fabulous!
Good, quick recipe for last minute meals. I substituted a 6oz can of tomato paste for the tomato sauce but everybody liked it. My wife seemed to think it was missing something compared to an "all day" chili.