Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a slightly spicy crab dip. May be served hot or cold. To be served with toasted with ciabatta bread. YUM! I created this recipe after eating a crab dip sandwich (ciabatta bread, swiss cheese and crab dip) at The Marina Cafe in Jacksonville, NC.
- 1 (14 ounce) can canned crabmeat
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon finely ground black pepper
- If Serving Hot: PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F. Mix all ingredients except for Crabmeat into a medium oven safe baking dish. Place mixture into oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Once heated, take cream cheese mixture out of the oven and fold in crab meat. Serve with toasted ciabatta bread.
- If Serving Cold: Simply mix all of the ingredients together then place in a serving dish. Serve with toasted ciabatta bread.
I made half the recipe for me and DH. I used less cayenne pepper. I heated it hot. So yummy. We ate it with pita chips. Thanks Ali :) Made for Cookbook tag game
I cut the recipe in half...wasn't sure if I was to drain the crabmeat or not...so I did but kept the juices just in case...well I didn't need them...so go ahead and drain the can. I did cut back on the spices...(I love hot and spicy food) because it just looked a tad bit much...glad I did...it was almost over the top...so you might want to add the spices in a bit at a time till you get to your heat/spice level...I served mine hot...DH enjoyed his with the toasted bread and I enjoyed mine with celery sticks. Made this for one of our appetizer nights. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2011. :)