1/1 Photo of Alice Springs Chicken Quesadillas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon, pre-cooked
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1With an electric mixer combine the mustard, honey, and 1 Tbsp oil, and lemon juice for 1 minute.
- 2Pour 1/2 mixture over chicken in a gallon ziplock to marinate in fridge 2-24 hours.
- 3Chill remaining marinade to serve with chicken.
- 4After marinating chicken, Put remaining oil in frying pan. Sear chicken on both sides until cooked thru.
- 5Transfer chicken to a pan and brush with marinade; keep warm.
- 6Meanwhile in frying pan add butter and saute mushrooms. Remove from the heat.
- 7Cut chicken into bite size pieces and line your ingredients up, this part will go quickly! Chicken, cheese, mushrooms and bacon.
- 8If you have a quesadilla maker get it heated up, otherwise, heat a frying pan and to medium heat and spread a little butter or non stick spray on the bottom.
- 9Prepare tortillas by spreading a little butter on the ousides.
- 10Place a tortilla, butter side down and add chicken, mushrooms, bacon and then the cheese but DO NOT OVERFILL. Place the other tortilla on top, butter side up. Flip (carefully) once bottom side is golden and do the same to the remaining side.
- 11Repeat until you are out of ingredients.
- 12Use the remaining honey mustard for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alice Springs Chicken Quesadillas!
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1033.6
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 211.0 mg
- Sodium 2509.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 75.4 g
- Protein 53.2 g