Outback Steakhouse's Alice Springs Chicken
photo by Roderick C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Rub chicken breast with Seasonal All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- While the breast is marinating fry bacon crisp and drain.
- Sauté chicken breasts on medium heat in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
- Cook on both sides until a slight golden color and cooked in the middle but not dry.
- Remove from pan and place in a 9 x 13 dish.
- Spread chicken breast with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three pieces of bacon and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/jack cheese, chicken should be covered with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and extra honey mustard may be served on the side.
Excellent! Just like Outback! I used turkey bacon, fresh sauteed mushrooms, and a homemade honey mustard. It was delicious!!!! The honey mustard I made was 3/4 c mayo, 1/3 cup dijon mustard, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup agave syrup, and a healthy pinch of pepper. I let the sauce sit in the fridge for a couple hours before dinner. To servce I spooned 3 tbsp of dressing on the plate, then the chicken, then the musrooms, bacon, and 1 oz of finely shredded colby jack cheese blend. I put it all in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes to warm the sauce and melt the cheese. So so great.
I tried this out on my family and all I can say is WOW! Not a bite leftover. I did a few modifications as suggested. I made the honey mustard sauce with 1/2 cup dijon mustard, 1/2 cup honey, 2 TBsp mayo, 1 tsp. minced garlic. I cut down the amount of cheese and I used pepper jack cheese with some cheddar. Served it with garlic mashed potatoes. Absolutely Delicious!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am one of the early members of Zaar joining in October 2001. It was instantly my favorite site even though there were only about 5000 recipes. Back then the original owners Troy and Gay ran the site and they had a lot of interaction with the members. I miss them. <br /> <br />Through the years it still remains to this day my favorite go to site and the one that I send all of my friends and family to when they need anything.</p> 8724616"