Alice Springs Chicken
photo by Elly in Canada
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices marbled cheddar and swiss cheese
- 1 cup mushroom
- 4 slices bacon
- honey mustard dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On each piece of chicken, carefully layer the mushrooms first and then the bacon (position the bacon on the mushrooms so that it holds the mushrooms in place).
- Cover and bake for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; add cheese and bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with a side of honey mustard salad dressing for a real treat!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WHOA!!! I was printing out this recipe to give it a try and the nutritional information came along with it. IS IT REALLY 1500 calories and 100 grams of fat???? If so, I'm sure it tastes delicious but it would be the only thing I'd be able to eat all day - as it alone will nearly equal a daily calorie intake limit.
I really like the flavours of this dish! I browned the chicken seasoned with a little garlic salt, spread it with some honey mustard,,sauteed the mushrooms and put them and a mix of Swiss and cheddar cheese on top of the breast of chicken. Sprinkled previously cooked bacon pieces over all and broiled it until bacon was crisp and cheese was melted. I served it with a salad of avocado and tomato with a lemon dressing..... and more honey mustard on the side. I will make this again!! Prepared for the Recipes without Photos March 2013.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Registered Nurse in Georgetown, Kentucky. I have a 3 beautiful daughters and wonderful husband. It doesn't get any better than this.