Recipe by jasonduncan1984
This is a rich version similar to the Olive Garden Ive' been playing with for about a year. This recipe yields about a gallon. Very simple and quick. Great with shrimp or chicken on pasta.
- 2 lbs butter
- 3 lbs cream cheese
- 120 ounces heavy cream
- 7 cups fresh parmesan cheese
- 12 -16 tablespoons garlic powder (varies to taste)
- 12 -16 tablespoons ground pepper (varies to taste)
- 12 -16 tablespoons salt (varies to taste)
- 2 teaspoons oregano, is (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and cream cheese until soft at a very low temperature.
- Add heavy cream and heat slowly until hot, and cheese is mixed well.
- Add seasonings,and parmesan last and let simmer for about 20 minutes on a medium low stirring occasionally. Add more parmesan to make thicker if needed. Can be frozen and used another time.