1/2 Photos of Albondigas Guisadas (Stewed Meatballs)
1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe because it's a change on the same old Italian spaghetti and meatballs (don't get me wrong I love Italian food). This recipe has bold Latin flavors. Meatballs simmered in a light tomato sauce served over white rice! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Meatballs
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, 85%
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons goya light adobo seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 slices bread (white or wheat)
- 1 cup milk
For the sauce
- 1For the meatballs:.
- 2In a medium bowl add bread and cover with milk. Let soak for a few minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, adobo, pepper, cilantro, egg, and breadcrumbs. Squeeze the excess milk from the bread and crumble into the meatball mix.
- 4With clean hands combine all ingredients (do not over mix). Shape the meat into golf size balls (makes 25 meatballs).
- 5Heat a large non-stick deep skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs brown on all sides (I did this in 2 batches). Transfer meatballs to a large bowl. Set aside.
- 6In same skillet, add the olive oil and sofrito. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bouillon cube and cook for 1 more minute stirring occasionally.
- 7Add tomato paste, cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce and water (if you like your sauce thinner add more water). Add meatballs and potatoes. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and meatballs are cooked through.
- 8At the very end taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- 9Serve over my white rice, White Rice.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Albondigas Guisadas (Stewed Meatballs)
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 113.8 mg
- Sodium 629.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: