Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Secret" recipe from the best steakhouse in Cordova, Alaska! This makes almost any kind of salmon palatable (except for pinks). Requires only 30 minutes marinating time. Makes a huge batch of marinade - would probably cover two huge fillets. You could try making half... (I use dried parsley and it tastes great.)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Place gallon-size ziploc bag in an empty pitcher, folding top edges over mouth of pitcher.
- Combine all ingredients inside ziploc bag.
- Add fillets, squeeze air out of the bag. Gently mush the ingredients together and onto the fish.
- Let marinade and fish set for 30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade; discard leftover marinade.
- Grill or broil as desired.
I didn't care for this...the ingredients just didn't seem to blend together as I had hoped...soy sauce was overwhelming, too. Thanks, anyway.