1/1 Photo of Alabama Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
My most favorite chicken casserole. I got this recipe from a lady who retired from a job that I took over about 26 years ago. When we had office potlucks, I always requested her to make this. Even though we don't live in Alabama, no other name would seem right for this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) jar green olives, sliced (or larger)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 deboned chicken
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package spinach noodles
- 1Cook chicken in water with bay leaf and debone.
- 2Cook spinach noodles in the chicken broth and drain, but reserving the broth.
- 3Saute' green pepper, celery, and onion in melted margarine/butter until tender.
- 4Add cubed Velvetta and stir until melted.
- 5Next add green olives, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken.
- 6Blend sauce in cooked spinach noodles and place in slightly greased casserole.
- 7You may add more broth if needed.
- 8Top with cracker crumbs and dot with butter and bake 350 for 45 min.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Alabama Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1151.4
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.3 mg
- Sodium 2445.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 60.6 g