- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
- 2 lbs whole chickens, boiled,cooled & deboned
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 package egg noodles
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) jar whole stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- cheese crackers, crushed
- In a large skillet saute the green pepper, celery and onion in butter until soft.
- Boil noodles in chicken broth that chicken was cooked in; drain.
- Add green olives, black olives, mushrooms and mushroom soup to the green pepper mixture; stir to mix well.
- Dump all of the ingredients into the noodles along with the chicken and velveeta cheese; stirring until cheese is melted and everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Place mixture in a 13x9 greased baking dish and top with crushed crackers.
- Bake at 300 degrees 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated; covered.
- If making in advance add the cracker topping just before baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!