1/5 Photos of Agave Margarita
This triple sec-free recipe was inspired by one from Tommy's Mexican Restaurant in San Francisco. Just remember, fresh is best - See variations at end of instructions! Try one or make them all! Taken from Bon Appetit May '12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour some kosher salt into a small dish; rub 1 lime slice over half the rim of an Old Fashioned glass (if you prefer your Margarita on the rocks) or a coupe glass (if you prefer it up). Dip rim of glass into salt.
- 2Combine tequila, agave syrup, and juice in a cocktail shaker; fill with ice and shake well.
- 3Strain into prepared glass. Garnish with second lime slice.
- 4DIFFERENT VARIATIONS -.
- 5Fruity: Muddle 3 blackberries with agave syrup in a cocktail shaker until berries are lightly crushed and juices are released. Continue with above recipe.
- 6Spicy: Muddle 2 thin rounds of jalapeno with agave syrup in a cocktail shaker until peppers begin to fall apart. For a less-spicy version, remove the seeds first. Continue with above recipe.
- 7Bright: Steep 1 hibiscus teabag or 1 teaspoons dried hibiscus flowers with 4 oz. of hot water for 10 minutes. Discard tea bag/flowers and let tea cool. Gently spoon some tea OVER margarita, forming a red layer on top. (STUNNING!).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Agave Margarita
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: