Recipe by BirdyBaker
Lovely Asian Jelly Treats. In response to a request!
Top Review by Poecile
Something is wrong with this recipe. I followed as instructed and something just doesn't work out. When I stir the agar agar in to the 1/2 cup of hot water it gets really thick, and then when I pour it into the juice (room temp) it instantly thickens.
My guess is that you either need to heat all or some of the juice when you are dissolving the agar agar.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons agar-agar (powder or flakes)
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 2 cups fruit juice
- 1 -3 cup of diced fruit (drained, with the juice contributing to the 2 cups being used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cubed fruit into some small moulds. Little plastic wine tasting cups are a good size for little children.
- Alternatively, one large jelly can be made.
- Put the agar agar into a pan with the hot water, bring to the boil & simmer rapidly for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the agar agar into the fruit juice & mix. Pour over the cubed fruit in the moulds & refrigeratee until set.