Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Source: The Complete Southern Cookbook, by Tammy Algood
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- Place the blackberries in the baking dish and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, flour, and sugar.
- Sprinkle evenly over the blackberries and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbly. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.