Recipe by Studentchef
This is a West African recipe published by Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.
- 1 cup onion, choped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups kale, and or swiss chard
- 2 cups canned pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hot liquid red pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- skinless peanuts, crushed
- green onions or chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions are being sauteed, wash the kale and/or Swiss chard, discarding the ribs and stems, and blemishedleaves.Stack the leaves, and cut crosswise into 1 inch thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and juices to the onions, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale and/or Swiss chard, and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until tender.
- Mix in the peanut bitter, liquid pepper sauce and cilantro for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve warm. Top with crushed peanuts, green onions or chives.