Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a West African recipe published by Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.
Make and share this African Pineapple Peanut Stew recipe from Food.com.
- In a pan, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions are being sauteed, wash the kale and/or Swiss chard, discarding the ribs and stems, and blemishedleaves.Stack the leaves, and cut crosswise into 1 inch thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and juices to the onions, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale and/or Swiss chard, and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until tender.
- Mix in the peanut bitter, liquid pepper sauce and cilantro for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve warm. Top with crushed peanuts, green onions or chives.