This is a West African recipe published by Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, saute the onions and garlic in oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned.
- 2While the onions are being sauteed, wash the kale and/or Swiss chard, discarding the ribs and stems, and blemishedleaves.Stack the leaves, and cut crosswise into 1 inch thick slices.
- 3Add the pineapple and juices to the onions, and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale and/or Swiss chard, and simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until tender.
- 4Mix in the peanut bitter, liquid pepper sauce and cilantro for another 5 minutes.
- 5Add salt to taste and serve warm. Top with crushed peanuts, green onions or chives.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Pineapple Peanut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g