Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My most requested cookie recipe. I am unsure of the yield, but should be approx. 2 dozen. They are usually eaten from the cookie sheet before they are cooled.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Mix butter and peanut butter.
- Add both sugars, cream well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, mix well.
- Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough from rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated 375 degree oven for 10-13 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
These cookies are great even with my health nut changes! If anyone likes to make "healthy" baked goods, here's what I did. I used whole spelt flour, left out the PB (just cuz I'm more of a choc. chip cookie fan), used 1/2 cup unrefined whole cane sugar and about 1/3 cup agave nectar (which helped add enough liquid). They turned out great! They rise instead of spread and are very soft inside -mmmmm!
yummy yummy! these satisfied by pb and chocolate craving! the only change i made was to add some vanilla (about a tsp.).
Oh my ~ these cookies are just wonderful! They are very tender and almost melt in your mouth. I made as posted except to use only 1 cup chocolate chips since that's the way we like them. I used a tbsp. cookie scoop and got just about 3.5 dozen. If you like peanut butter cookies, you MUST try this one! Thanks for posting a keeper!