1/1 Photo of Addictive Cornbread (Gluten Free)
Attainable Health's Note:
This is by far the best cornbread I've ever made - when you serve it hot from the oven with salted butter it is so addictive! I adapted this from a recipe called masa cornbread on chow.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place a square baking pan inside the oven.
- 2Mix dry ingredients.
- 3Use a fork to mash in softened butter until the whole mixture is an even crumbly texture.
- 4Add eggs and mix them in well with the fork.
- 5Add 1 cup of the milk and mix it in until the batter texture is even.
- 6Add last 1/2 cup of milk and mix.
- 7Carefully with hot pads remove the hot square baking pan and spread 1 tbsp of butter in it, it should melt instantly.
- 8Pour batter into pan.
- 9Carefully return pan with hotpads to oven.
- 10Bake for 18 minutes. Immediately and carefully remove the whole batch of cornbread from pan. Serve hot with butter! mmmmmm!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Addictive Cornbread (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.3 mg
- Sodium 316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g