1 hr 15 mins
Just got back from apple hill with some nice acorn squash. Decided to stuff them and this is what I came up with working with what we had on hand. Did have a little stuffing left after stuffing 2 smallish size squash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 acorn squash, halfed and deseaded (I used two small and had enough stuffing left for a third one)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1Place squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake in 350*F oven for 45 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile in large pot sauté the onion and celery in the olive oil till soft and translucent .
- 3Add soup, milk, spinach, cheese, and stuffing. Mix well. Will take a little work to moisten and throughly mix all ingredients.
- 4Lift acorn squash from oven turn over and stuff with stuffing mixture.
- 5Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes. Till stuffing is heated through and squash is tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Acorn Squash With Cheese Spinach Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 1098.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 24.5 g