Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just got back from apple hill with some nice acorn squash. Decided to stuff them and this is what I came up with working with what we had on hand. Did have a little stuffing left after stuffing 2 smallish size squash.
- 2 -3 acorn squash, halfed and deseaded (I used two small and had enough stuffing left for a third one)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned stuffing mix
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- Place squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake in 350*F oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile in large pot sauté the onion and celery in the olive oil till soft and translucent .
- Add soup, milk, spinach, cheese, and stuffing. Mix well. Will take a little work to moisten and throughly mix all ingredients.
- Lift acorn squash from oven turn over and stuff with stuffing mixture.
- Bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes. Till stuffing is heated through and squash is tender.
wow i liked this alot its fairly simple to do and tastes great 2 changes i did used hubbard squash and since mr picky doesnt care all that much for swiss used italian mix shredded cheese turn out great its filling and not so expensive