Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Acorn Squash soup with Granny Smith Apples. Not as sweet as some as the others.
- 1 large acorn squash
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 limes
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 2 cups heavy cream
- First, you want to roast the squash. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the squash in half and place face down on a cookie sheet with a little bit of water at the bottom.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes. After it's done and slightly cooled, peel and chop it up.
- In a large soup pot, combine the squash and chicken stock and let simmer over medium heat.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and add them to the soup, along with the lime juice and chilies. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Transfer contents to a blender or food processor and puree. Pour it back into the soup pot on the stove, add a little nutmeg and the cream to make the soup richer.
- Reheat, stirring frequently. Soup is ready and can be refrigerated up to three days.