Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This recipe was created with items I had in my pantry. I own and use a 3-quart Crock Pot, but you can adapt this recipe to any size vessel. I serve it with mashed potatoes, but you could use pasta or rice or what have you. I also serve crusty Italian bread with it. Enjoy!
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
Made for my dear friend Acadia and the Think Pink Swap 10/2010. G/F this is great! I made enough to freeze 2 batched for Mike and I. We had it over thin wheat spaghetti noodles and the flavors all melded real well. Tomorrow's leftover will be all that much better.
Super simple to put together with my garden tomatoes, peppers, onions, basil and oreagano added in. YUMMY!
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (large, sliced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (diced-small)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon basil (freeze dried)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (freeze dried)
- 2 tablespoons sugar