Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe was created with items I had in my pantry. I own and use a 3-quart Crock Pot, but you can adapt this recipe to any size vessel. I serve it with mashed potatoes, but you could use pasta or rice or what have you. I also serve crusty Italian bread with it. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (large, sliced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (diced-small)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon basil (freeze dried)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (freeze dried)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In 3-quart crock-pot add in this order: chicken, tomatoes, olive oil, onion, carrot, bell pepper, black pepper, salt, Italian spices, basil, parsley and sugar.
- Place lid on, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Made for my dear friend Acadia and the Think Pink Swap 10/2010. G/F this is great! I made enough to freeze 2 batched for Mike and I. We had it over thin wheat spaghetti noodles and the flavors all melded real well. Tomorrow's leftover will be all that much better.
Super simple to put together with my garden tomatoes, peppers, onions, basil and oreagano added in. YUMMY!
This is quite delicious. We had it over buttered Basmati rice with a yogurt salad on the side like ratia but with tomato and red onion as well as the cucumber and toasted cumin. The only problem I had is the veg and tomatoes produced a lot of liquid so it was too liquidly. If that happened again I would add some tomato sauce I think.
Very tasty chicken dish. I cut the recipe in half and it worked great. This makes a lot of sauce. It is easy to prepare. The chicken was so tender. You can cut it with a fork. I served it over noodles with just a side salad and some garlic bread. I also sprinkled some Parmesan cheese on top. Thanks for posting. :)